Monday, January 21, 2008

DRUM ROLL PLLLLEEASE...

We are OFFICIALLY officially open! feels like i have been open since tuesday, but apparently last night was the real deal. this has been one hell of a week and i am extremely tired. i now have three wondrous days off to let my mind, heart, and body hibernate.

Interesting thing happened last night. someone walked out.
RIGHT in front of me, literally inches from me.
in not giving anything away, there is a point in my 'urban legend' that, from what Lovely Laura (playwright) has told me, has affected people so much in the various 'workshop readings' of this show that they had to leave, get up and walk out of the theatre. i never thought that would happen, and IT sure as shit DID.
and right as it was happening, i was okay with it, my character understood, I understood, and i took a moment of acknowledgment, gave her time to leave the space, and pressed on.
folks, this show is powerful, at some points unbearably sad, but i promise, it is well worth getting through those points and staying for the rest of the story, promise promise promise.

so, like i said, at the time i was okay with it, but i REALLY hope it doesn't happen again. i felt bad.

i'm off to go do absolutely nothing for three days.

1 comment:

theladyhamlet said...

WOW. Congrats, Kimmah! I am SO going to try to come down and see you in this. I'm so happy for you!!!! XOXOXO