Friday, December 28, 2007

AND...we're off!!!

rehearsals commenced yesterday with quite the turn out. it was so immensely helpful to have such a support group there to tell my story to. so i thank all of you for helping me get through it.
this blog, like i have said, is a ventilation. so here's the first.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA-CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!

phew. i needed that.


this piece has brought out insecurities i NEVER thought i could have in me. not to say i am a force of sheer confidence 24/7. i have a BUNCH of self-doubting thoughts circulating in my head all the time, but they usually are reserved for my waistline or my fear of going bald or my lack of a special someone to share my days with (insert tiny violin here.) but, a SHOW?! a place where i feel most at home, most at peace, THIS has me freaked out TOO?!?!?!

shit.


but, i am a creature that thrives on new experiences, positive or terrifying, heartwarming or heartbreaking. that is what living is for, isn't it? to feel BOTH sweet and sour?
i couldn't have one without the other.

the writing, the style, the rhythm, the rhetoric of this script is meticulous and should be treated as such. i am marking and scanning these lines as if it were the bard's verse. good thing i know how to handle the bard, or i'd really be screwed. THANKS, ACA!!! Shakespeare dorks unite!

here are some adjectives i jotted down that were said, after the first read, of what this show is, what it must be.

"delicate"
"propulsive"
"economic"
"meticulous"

so, i'm gonna chant those babies like a mantra and stay hydrated and work work work.

peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If anyone can do it, you can, my friend, precisely because of your intense dedication, classical training, smarts, and sheer effing talent.

Failure is not an option. You have marketing materials to live up to, young lady!

And post more, dammit.