Tuesday, February 5, 2008

FOUR SHOWS LEFT!

and then it's over. um. this sucks. most times the end of a run is a goooood thing, natural course of things are to, eventually, end. but i'm not done with this. and i don't know what to do about it. i know what i WANT to do about it.............
TOUR TOUR TOUR!!!!!
but the how, where and whens are beyond me.
these are times that i wish i had a bit more of the business/pushy/seller in me. you know these people, that have no qualms about dealing with what they do as a commodity worth selling, relentless, confident, striving for fame most times.
and what i learned at the end of my year and a half brain-fart up in new york (no offense my ny lovelies) was that i am NOT one of these people. i have no strive for fame, no thirst for it....famous people are miserable, neurotic, just plain not-of-this-world. and i like this world. i like being a waitress, serving people, having some f%cking perspective about how lucky i am to be doing what i love.
so, like i said, tour? YES, please. but how? i'm all shrugs.

hey, thanks for letting me vent.

another round of my clan came last saturday. THE mom of all mommies, sistah deb, brotha bob, in-law bros steve and brian, niece abby, nephew joe, and four family friends. i have been playing to this crowd since i was three in my living room, doing my incredible rendition of olivia newton-john's 'hopelessly devoted to you.' i always feel my best when i am playing to them, for they were the first i wanted so desperately to make smile and be entertained. it was an absolute treat. AND surprisingly i had a good house superbowl sunday. i was not expecting that. so thanks for that.

so, like i said, four days left. tell your friends. i want to tell them a story.

love you mean it.

No comments: