Thursday, November 15, 2007

I am done with one show and on...to...the...next!

Well, not yet. The ACTUAL "process" begins right after Xmas, but I am already on the warpath.
More like war crawl at this point, but I digress.
Ohhhh, so, okay. I'm gonna be honest here.
This show terrifies me. This week anyway.
Prior to this week it was all "this show exhilarates me" or "this show rocks me." Any changing of adjectives, up or down,
makes one nervous. Very nervous. I think the terror streams from me having nothing to do this week but work on the script. It's a change that will be hard to acclimate to, especially for me.
I feel more at ease taking care of other people's issues/needs/problems....I AM a barista after all and the masses need their double capps!
But I have made the choice to focus solely on this show and that's what I'm a gonna do, dammit.
Ok, I'm done venting for the night. Feeling better. Thanks!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

One mochachino, please. Kick ass, little Sistah!

Anonymous said...

terror is great.

Ian G said...

Remember, what was the lesson of "Cymbeline"?

After pulling that off, you can do anything. Don't let nothin' faze ya.

BS said...

Whiner.

Lynn said...

Rock on, fearless girl. I could use some of your gutsiness. (I think I misplaced my box of guts during the move from DC to NYC. An unfortunate mistake.)

Meanwhile, I have an audition for "Sound of Music" in Toronto on Monday. A far cry from cutting-edge theatre. Sigh... (Does wearing a nun's habit feel kinda like doing drag? Maybe I DO have some experience here...)

Rejoice! You are an ARTIST.